Hire our Spaces
June Marriott Gallery
Our small but mighty gallery space has a long history. We have a professional hanging system, track lighting and plenty of plinths. Over 15,000 people visit our gallery each year. The Gallery is open and staffed with volunteers during our shop hours Mon-Sat 10am to 2pm. Artists may wish to extend these hours by sitting the gallery themselves (shop induction required).
- Advice on exhibition content, gallery layout, installation and pricing
- Digital promotion of exhibition through our website, social media platforms, e-newsletter, and other online resources
- Supply of all necessary invitation logos and assistance with design
- Coordination of artwork sales on opening night and duration of the exhibition during gallery and shop hours (Mon-Sat 10am to 2pm)
- Plinths, hanging system and printed catalogue list
- Gallery Hire Members $80 per week
- Gallery Hire Non-Members $160 per week
- Insurance $15 per week
- Cost of printing invitations
- 35% commission fee on sales (25% with accrued volunteer hours)
- Three weeks (including bump-in and out)
- Length of the exhibition and preferred dates – please note available calendar dates will be subject to change and confirmation comes with the signing of our Terms and Conditions.
- Central Craft welcomes proposals from artists, groups, curators and community organisations.
- If you require any assistance in your application, please email email@example.com.
- The June Marriott Gallery floor plan
Central Craft is a not-for-profit Members organisation based in Alice Springs that supports and promotes traditional and contemporary craft and design practice in Central Australia.
Our aim is to:
- build the visibility of contemporary craft and design from the Northern Territory
- exhibit high-quality craft and design to local, regional and international audiences
- engage and educate individuals and groups in craft and design practice
- improve the viability of emerging and professional craft and design practitioners
- build strong cross-cultural partnerships to create opportunities for innovation in craft and design practice
- enhance the reputation of the Northern Territory as a significant centre for contemporary craft and design
Members may also hire studio space to hold a workshop or series of workshops independent of Central Craft.
- Rental is $80 for a full day – 6 hours
- Rental is $40 for a half-day – 3 hours
Non-Members / Govt groups & organisations:
- Rental is $200 for a full day – 6 hours
- Rental is $100 for a half-day – 3 hours
Casual visit for non-members: $20 (Members may bring a friend or visiting mum for one session free of charge, we love that you love our space and want to show it off, please sign them in as well)
Central Craft has a number of studio tenancy spaces, all our studios are taken at the moment, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a waiting list.
Rental is $110/month for a full space or $80/month for a half-space