Central Craft Artist in Residence Program aims to provide a creative space for personal exploration and experimentation and to encourage and foster collaboration with the Alice Springs art and craft community.
Central Craft has a well-equipped studio including pottery equipment with gas and electric kiln, glass kiln, printing press, screen printing equipment, leather-craft tools, weaving looms and spinning wheels, jewellery making equipment, dye lab with gas burners, photography equipment, sewing machines, over-lockers, irons, large work spaces suitable for felting and printing, light tables, and a lapidary/gem club. The studio also has a kitchen, toilets, a library, air-conditioning, heating and studio sinks. There is also a gift shop stocked with work from members and the June Marriott Gallery which hosts exhibitions throughout the year.
The residency fee is $250 per calendar month. Works sold in the gift shop or the June Marriott Gallery are sold on a 35% commission.
What to expect from us:
- Central Craft membership
- Individual studio space
- Studio access pass (including out-of-hours access)
- Unlimited use of tools and equipment
- Insurance coverage
- Marketing and promotion of workshops and exhibitions
- Feature display of your work in our gift shop
- Paid workshop event
What is expected?
- Provide a creative workshop for the community of Alice Springs
- Sell work through our gift shop and/or hold an exhibition in the June Marriott Gallery (subject to availability) on a 35% commission
- Be an active presence in the studio
- Be available for interviews
If you are interested in applying for a residency at Central Craft please email an expression of interest to: email@example.com
Please note this does not include confirmed accommodation, however, accommodation options may be available. Please express your interest in accommodation upon application.