Glaze your Pots
with Staci Crutchfield
Bring your bisqueware to glaze using the studio glazes and pigments.
- Use of glazes and firing cost included.
- Examples of 4-6 available stock glazes will be shown and discussed.
- Overview of dip, brush and pour glazing techniques will be demonstrated for participants to apply to their bisqueware.
- Demonstration the use of wax resist, glaze on glaze and pigment over glaze techniques.
- Explanation of oxidation and reduction stoneware glazes and an overview of kilns and firing techniques. Handouts will be provided.
- Finished pieces will be available for collection and discussion approximately two week after the Glazing Finale class, at a time to be decided by the group.
22nd September 6-9pm