Studio Tenancy / Gallery / Artists Residencies
Central Craft has a number of studio tenancy spaces, placement is subject to availability.
Rental is $110/month for a full space / $80/month for a half-space
$50 deposit is still required; however, Studio Tenants have the ongoing $25 p/a fee incorporated into costs.
Members may also hire studio space to hold a workshop or series of workshops independent of Central Craft:
Rental is $80 for a full day – 6 hours
Rental is $40 for a half-day – 3 hours
For-Profit / Govt groups & organisations:
Rental is $200 for a full day – 6 hours
Rental is $100 for a half-day – 3 hours
Casual visit for non-members: $20
June Marriott Gallery Exhibition Program:
· Digital promotion of exhibition through our website, social media platforms, e-newsletter, and other online resources
· Supply of all necessary invitation logos and assistance with design
· Coordination of artwork sales on opening night and duration of the exhibition during gallery and shop hours (Mon-Fri 10am to 2pm)
· Plinths, hanging system and catalogue list
Cost: Gallery Hire Member $80 per week
Gallery Hire Non-Member $160 per week
Insurance $15 per week Cost of printing invitations
35% commission fee on sales
Three weeks (excluding bump-in and out).
Length of the exhibition and preferred dates – please note available calendar dates will be subject to change and confirmation comes with the signing of our Terms and Conditions.
Apply: Central Craft welcomes proposals from Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal artists, groups, curators and community organisations. If you require any assistance in your application, please email email@example.com or call us on 08 8952 4417.
The June Marriott Gallery floor plan
Selection Process: Central Craft is a not-for-profit Members organisation based in Alice Springs that supports and promotes traditional and contemporary craft and design practice in Central Australia. Our aim is to:
· build the visibility of contemporary craft and design from the Northern Territory
· exhibit high-quality craft and design to local, regional and international audiences
· engage and educate individuals and groups in craft and design practice
· improve the viability of emerging and professional craft and design practitioners
· build strong cross-cultural partnerships to create opportunities for innovation in craft and design practice
· enhance the reputation of the Northern Territory as a significant centre for contemporary craft and design
Contribution towards materials used (glaze, thread, paint, tea or coffee etc): $5
Recycled clay log - please check availability before purchase: $7
Craft Sellers insurance valid for one year: $30
This program aims to encourage and foster collaboration with the Alice Springs art and craft community. The residency fee is $250/month - this is invoiced.