Artist in Residence Program
Central Craft Alice Springs - Artist in Residence Program
Central Craft Artist in Residence Program aims to provide a creative space for personal exploration and experimentation and to encourage and foster collaboration with the Alice Springs art and craft community. Come and be inspired by the central Australian landscape. Our residency program offers a month long stay in our well-equipped studio and share your skills with the local community through workshops.
Central Craft has a well-equipped studio including pottery equipment with gas and electric kiln, glass kiln, printing press, screen printing equipment, leather-craft tools, weaving looms and spinning wheels, jewellery making equipment, dye lab with gas burners, photography equipment, sewing machines, over-lockers, irons, large work spaces suitable for felting and printing, light tables, and a lapidary/gem club. The studio also has a kitchenette, toilets, a library, air-conditioning, heating and studio sinks. There is also a gift shop stocked with work from members and the June Marriott Gallery which hosts exhibitions throughout the year.
Residency fee is $250 per calendar month. Works sold in the gift shop or the June Marriott Gallery are sold on a 35% commission.
What to expect from us:
- Central Craft membership
- Individual studio space
- Studio access pass (including out of hours access)
- Unlimited use of tools and equipment
- Insurance coverage
- Marketing and promotion of workshops and exhibitions
- Feature display of your work in our gift shop
- Paid workshop event
What is expected?
- Provide a creative workshop for the community of Alice Springs
- Sell work through our gift shop and/or hold an exhibition in the June Marriott Gallery (subject to availability) on a 35% commission
- Be an active presence in the studio
- Be available for interviews
If you are interested in applying for a residency at Central Craft please email an expression of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation in Alice Springs is not included in this program.