Mask Making Information
Mon, 30 Mar 2020
This page provides information on how to make masks.
masks are not a medical solution***
Non-medical masks offer limited protection to prevent droplet transmission from infected individuals. Follow hygiene recommendations when using masks.
IMPORTANT: Remember to always wear your face mask in the same orientation, i.e., you should always have the same side facing outward (the contaminated side). Different colours used should help with this. Face masks should be machine-washed frequently to eliminate any residual flu particles, which may be contaminating the outside of the mask. Remove your mask by taking the straps from the back of your head and pull forward — do not touch the material part of the mask. If you do, please remember to wash
your hands with soap and water before and after you touch your mask and wash masks regularly in hot soapy water.
you start to feel unwell and have accessed the studio, please notify us. Follow
the information from the health department What you need to know about
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitiser or wash them with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Exercise social distancing by maintaining at least 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others as much as practicable.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth, or shaking hands with others.
If you can sew and would like to make something practical then follow these patterns to make a mask -how to make a mask youtube, face mask sewing pattern and how to make a pocket mask and a PDF of masking making instructions as demonstrated in the photo and posted on our Facebook. There's a Making Masks Facebook page which is USA based but has some other helpful information.
are some articles on masking making.
Stay safe. Stay at home if you can.
If you or anyone you know needs help:
· Lifeline on 13 11 14
· 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732
· safe steps on 1800 015 188
· Kids Helpline on 1800 551 800
· MensLine Australia on 1300 789 978
· Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
· Beyond Blue on 1300 224 636
· Headspace on 1800 650 890